Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekend in San Francisco

Just over a year ago my younger sister moved across the country to San Francisco. I told her that before I had my last baby that I would make it out there to see her. So at 29 weeks pregnant my mom and I went for a very short visit. Our flight left Friday afternoon and we arrived in SF 9:30 pm their time. We had all day Saturday and Sunday and left first thing Monday morning - flight departed at 8:30 am. It was a whirlwind of a weekend but so much fun.

Saturday

We started the day off with breakfast at a cute little crapery restaurant not far from our hotel. We then headed to Twin Peaks. I hear it's amazing at sunrise, but I couldn't convince anyone to wake up that early :)

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We went to my sister's apartment to drop off the car and walked around Haight Street. From there we went to the botanical gardens. It was such a beautiful day!



We headed to the Cliff House on Ocean beach for a late lunch and then to the Presidio where we saw the golden gate bridge.



From there we had dinner at First Crush and then headed to Ghiradelli for some dessert! It was a long day and we walked over 10 miles!

Sunday

We had breakfast at the same crapery restaurant and then took a cable car ride to see Coit Tower.



We then headed to Fisherman's Wharff where we saw the sea lions and had lunch at Boudin Bakery. Oh my, Boudin was amazing! I really wish I had bought some bread to bring home!



We went back to my sister's apartment to relax for a little bit and get the car. There was this amazing spot to see the bridge so we got in the car to drive over the bridge to the spot. Well, SF is famous for their fog and boy did we get to see that. You could barely make out any of the bridge. I did have my tripod with me so I was able to get a picture of my mom, sister, and I.



Not sure if you can make anything out, but under all that fog is the Golden Gate Bridge.



We drove back to the apartment and then went to dinner with my sister's boyfriend and his mom and aunt. Walked over 8 miles on Sunday and then flew back home the next day. I already have a list of things I want to see next time I get to visit! It has become one of my favorite cities (probably tied with Asheville).

No comments: