Saturday, January 12, 2013

Piper's birth photos

I hope to have a few minutes of computer time to share these :) I had an amazing birth photographer (Heidi of T&T photography: http://www.ttphotographyct.com/) who came just in time to capture Piper's birth. I called her once we got admitted and she decided to come right away. I was only 3cm so I told her to take her time and if she wanted to wait awhile I was fine with it. She didn't want to miss anything so came right away. It's a good thing because she arrived as I was getting my epidural and Piper was born less than two hours later.

** Just a note - these images are copy written and belong to T&T photography. Please do not copy, save, or print. Ahem family, I'm talking to you! I have permission to share these watermarked web images.**
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I had an amazing doula, Monika. She was actually the same doula that was there for Ryder's birth. I was so happy when she walked in the room. Our hospital has a great doula program where for $100 you get the on call doula. You do not get to meet beforehand but it's an economical way to have a doula which normal cost $800+ (probably over $1,000 for my area).

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Around 9:40 (maybe a couple minutes earlier) Chris calls that it's time to have a baby.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

9:49pm Piper is born!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

How cool was our nurse!? Apparently this was all our nurses idea. She told Chris to unbutton his shirt and not to ask questions. I had no clue this was going on until later that night Chris showed me his shirt. Which now that I think about it, I need to find out what he did with the shirt!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Time to call everyone with the news!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

after some bonding Piper got her first bath. We were going to delay the bath, but because there was meconium in my water the wanted to do it that night.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: