Saturday, May 26, 2012

Fred the Peacock

I probably wouldn't have believed this story if I didn't see it with my own eyes. Earlier this month my MIL called me to tell me there was a peacock living in their yard. A what? Are you sure? I told my husband who thought for sure it was a turkey. Seeing turkeys, deer and other small critters aren't out of the norm, but a peacock? I never got a chance to see it that day and thought for sure it would be gone the next. I called over there shortly before I had to head out and it was still there! So I packed the boys up a little early, grabbed my camera and went to check out this peacock that was now living down the street. And what do you know, but it really was a peacock!

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

It was just roaming around their yard. I was able to get pretty close to it and Fred didn't seem to mind. He did get a little nervous when the kids starting running full blast at him. I won't bore you with all the details but Fred lived outside their home for almost a week. With the help of FB and some detective work they discovered that Fred belonged to a man in a neighboring town. He lost him about 2 months ago!

No comments: