Monday, October 17, 2011

first day of preschool

Mason started pre school the day after Ryder's birthday party. All week we talked about school and how he'd play with his friends and then mommy or daddy would pick him up. He's in a two's program and goes once a week on Mondays. I had Ryder's one year appointment that day so if I wasn't able to make it on time Chris was going to pick him up. Drop off didn't go great. We went in and washed his hands (it's one of the rules) and then put his bag in his cubby. He sat down and played, I said good-bye and then ran into a friend who's daughter is also in the class. I talked with her for a few seconds and then all of the sudden Mason realized I was leaving and he was attached to my leg screaming. I gave him a hug and a kiss and left. I later learned from my friend that he set off about 5 other kids and when she left almost the whole class was screaming! He's a few weeks in now and LOVES it. It took a couple weeks to transition but on the third week he walked in, washed his hands and found the backhoe. He didn't even want to hug me goodbye!

Here's Mason walking up the steps to school on his first day.

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments: