Thursday, April 30, 2009

Four month stats

I first off have to say how PROUD I am of my little guy. We had his four month check-up today where he had to get four shots. The first two he did not cry at all! He cried a little bit with the last two but was fine once I picked him up. He is such a strong little guy.

Weight: 13lb 9oz -- 25th percentile
Height: 25 3/4in -- 75th percentile
Head circumference 10th percentile

Weight:
I'm going to be keeping an eye on his weight. He used to be in the 50th percentile and has dropped down to the 25th. I talked to the pediatrician about it and she doesn't seem too concerned. Suggested feeding him more frequently. She had also suggested starting with rice cereal if we wanted to, but we are going to wait until 6 months per recommendation from the WHO (world health organization) for breast fed babies. I loved the fact that she didn't push us to do anything we didn't want to. We are going to continue seeing the lactation consultant. We go in between pediatrician appointments for a weight check, but might start going more often to make sure he's gaining enough.

Height & Head:
I have such a long little boy! Maybe he'll just be long and lean. It's funny cause he outgrows clothes in length before weight and they are swimming on him in his belly, but have just enough room for his length. He also has a tiny head. That went from 25th percentile to 10th percentile but they're not concerned. He's still growing and is hitting all his milestones. No wonder I'm having trouble finding hats that fit him. I have a newborn baseball cap for him that is too big!
Milestone:
He can roll over both ways! He can tripod sit for a few seconds. He's also "found" his hands and will grab toys (or my hair).

He LOVES his new jumparoo we got for him off of Craigslist!

Mommy always gets big smiles.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I cant believe he is 4 months, wow! He is such a cutie!