Thursday, January 29, 2009

Is that your baby?

So far I have been out with Mason by myself twice. Both times I had a teenage/early 20's girl ask me, "Is that your baby?" Both times I reply yes and then they say, "Oh he's cute." Seriously, who asks that? When I was 16-18 and babysitting an infant no one would ask me that. Now that I'm almost 27 and have a child no one believes that he's mine? I asked my friend Heather who has a 2 month of if anyone has done that to her, and they haven't. I wonder how many more times it's going to happen to me. I should think of some witty comeback to say next time. Any suggestions?
Mason's first "date"

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww, Mason is dating already, how sweet! :)

I have no idea what to say to people that ask if he is your kid, aside from a rude stare. People are nuts!

Anonymous said...

First of all, congrats! Mason is so cute, and I love his name!

Second of all, I think I look all of 16 years old, even thouh I am 28. I never got the stomach rubs (thank God) or the oh, such a cute pregnant lady when I was pregnant. I could feel dirty looks, and I still feel them when out with Natalie. I have no suggestions, but wanted to tell you are not alone. Rude people!